Tuesday 17 June 2014

Joe Marson - Godammit Julia Review

Joe Marson is one of my favourite aspiring artists from across the world. I have been a fan since I started blogging whilst studying at university, and I have followed his progress since I decided that I wanted to blog about music.

'Godammit Julia' is an acoustic song that Joe wrote himself. Joe is just one of these artists that likes to range his vocals throughout the song, which makes the audience listen more; because  it grabs their attention. (Well it grabbed mine)

Joe is one of these musicians who can really tell a story through the art of music. The song is a story of Joe and his feelings towards a girl called Julia (whether its real I don't know) but he makes it SO convincing just through the way he sings the lyrics and emphasises on certain parts of the song.

He also has a range within his vocals where he can sing low and sing high too, this is portrayed in this song, when he sings softer parts higher pitch, and parts of some verses in lower pitch. This makes the song unique along with him playing the guitar through the song too.
 
The guitar playing even has some range from the soft plucking parts to full on strumming when he goes for it in the choruses. Got to be one of my favourites of his songs and his performances on You Tube.

Give Joe a listen, here's the link to 'Godammit Julia' on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUywnKhpcQg&index=2&list=UUNwcCRpY6M0cUgJ70fAzoZg

Katie Dyba.

No comments:

Post a Comment